Chery Malaysia Is Set to Introduce Its First Electric Car In March
Chery Malaysia is preparing for the launch of its first electric vehicle (EV), the Omoda E5 electric sports utility vehicle (e-SUV), set to debut in March. The official unveiling is expected to happen before or during the Ramadan period, pending the finalisation of the model’s launch plans.
This announcement coincided with the announcement of the Chery Eco Run 2024 event, scheduled for January 7 at Dataran Wawasan Putrajaya. The run, offering 5km and 10km categories, is organised by Jom Run and aims to draw in over 3,000 participants.
The Omoda E5 showcases several key features:
- Blade lithium iron phosphate battery of 61kWh capacity
- Power consumption at 14.5/100km
- Single flat wire three-in-one motor with a two-wheel drive (2WD) setup, providing 201hp and 340Nm of torque
- Acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.6 seconds
- Range of 430km with low energy usage (15 kWh/100 km)
- Vehicle-to-load (V2L) technology capable of external discharge at 3.3kW
- 30-80% battery charging in 30 minutes through 80 kW/h DC fast charging technology (AC charging at 9.9 kW/h)
- Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) featuring seventeen functions, including blind-spot monitoring, reverse warning, and automatic emergency braking
The Omoda E5 boasts a cross-styled exterior design, presenting a sleek body and a futuristic front appearance. It is anticipated to be offered in a minimum of seven exterior colors and three interior color-matching design options.
The projected price range for the Omoda E5 spans from RM150,000 to RM160,000, positioning it competitively within the Malaysian EV market.
I want to find the highest selling price for my car within 24 hours!
Download the Motorist App now. Designed by drivers for drivers, this all-in-one app lets you receive the latest traffic updates, gives you access to live traffic cameras, and helps you manage vehicle related matters.
Read More: Malaysia’s Mall Parking Rates 2023: Part 1