(1) Get the death certificate of the deceased and go to the Balai police and make a report statement.
(2) Get the report statement/letter and drive the car to JPJ for inspection. Check with JPJ system on how to transfer owndership to the respective person. The deceased's legal wife/children must be present to sign the documents.
(3) If the family has a lawyer, please ask advice from the lawyer to transfer the name to heir.
If GOT LOAN
(1) Get the death certificate of the deceased and go to the balai police and make a report statement/get a confirmation letter from the court
(2) Get the report statement/letter to JPJ so that they can do the neccessary transfer to the heir (wife/kid) and continue with the father's loan.
(3) Once ownership has been transferred, the new owner of the car can decide to sell the car as usual .
1) The family pays off the loan first and proceed with NO LOAN procedure above
Most importantly, you’ll have to check with the JPJ system.